To discuss strategies and approaches that we, and our dental teams, can all apply in supporting people who experience dental fear.
To provide an appreciation of the benefits and rewards that can be gained by dentists and their practices.
At the end of the session participants should be able to:
- Immediately apply improved communication and rapport building techniques
- Identify different forms and presentations of dental anxiety
- Help patients feel more calm and more in control whilst in your dental chair
- Reduce the unhelpful effects of the fight or flight response
- Increase the conversion of perceived ‘difficult patients’ to loyal practice builders
- Apply strategies that will increase the number of new patients attending your practice
This course aims to lay the foundations for a positive and supportive journey for dentally anxious patients at your practice.
Each step in their journey is important, beginning before they’ve even picked up the phone to call your practice. Often seen as ‘awkward’ or ‘hassle,’ there are huge benefits and rewards to both the patient and the dental practice in managing their fears effectively. If you are the sort of person who actually quite enjoys helping people with dental anxiety then you’ll really enjoy this technique.
GDC Development Outcomes - A, C & D