Teaching and supervising colleagues is an important and integral part of clinical practice. The role of the teacher is shifting from a didactic giver of information to a facilitator of learning. Additionally as trainees move into a Consultant/General Practitioner role they will be frequently called upon to facilitate and lead meetings. This course will increase understanding of the process of facilitation.
Event Dates, Aims and Target Audience: Please see the information displayed under the respective tabs below
Length of Course: 1 day
Prerequistites: Previous attendance on Tomorrows Teachers or similar teaching course is essential.
The programme involves:
- Understanding of key principles of facilitation and the attributes of a 'consciously competent' facilitator
- Challenges in facilitation
- Practising facilitation within a small group
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Discussion of how to apply the ‘Liberating Learning’ principles to workplace situations
Note: programme may be subject to minor changes