This clinical-topics course (held twice a year) is designed to assist training or non-training doctors to prepare for the Primary FRCA examination. Delegates will receive didactic and interactive lectures. Interactive learning through sessions is strongly encouraged, especially sessions which concentrate on areas previously identified as particularly difficult by past trainees.
Delegates will be given the opportunity to discuss issues and equipment with experts. Statistics will be introduced, with emphasis on principles of study design and errors incurred.
Target Audience and Pre-requisite Requirement(s): Please refer to the tabs below.
Programme: The course concentrates on:
- Identifying areas of knowledge relating to physiology and pharmacology, which are examined in VIVA 1 of the Primary FRCA Examination
- Areas essential to the FRCA Part 1, which require understanding rather than just factual recall
- Limited MCQ practice (with feedback) in areas related to that day's teaching
In the following areas:
- Cardiovascular, respiratory, hepatic and central nervous systems
- Basic tuition in the principles of pharmacology
- Drug-receptor interaction and pharmacokinetics
Please click the PROGRAMME button for more information.
Fee(s): Please click BOOK NOW for fee information.
Preparation: Prior knowledge of the course topics is essential to gain the maximum benefit from this course.
Attendance: Delegates are expected to attend all 5 days.