This interactive course focuses on preparation for exam success. With a small group of delegates, we will look, in-depth, at practical preparation for exams, including verbal and non-verbal communication skills, developing study skills and exploring cultural factors that may impact on success.
The session on advanced communication skills shares techniques that make a real difference to how you are perceived in oral exams. These are invaluable life-long skills for managing consultations and presenting to others in the workplace.
Event Dates, Aims and Target Audience: Please see the information displayed under the respective tabs below
Length of Course: 1 day
The course explores:
- Verbal communication techniques for success in oral exams
- Non-verbal communication in exams, with particular emphasis on body language
- Cultural factors that may impact on exam success
- The importance of self-care in the run up to an exam
- Study skills, resources for revision and how to answer exam questions
- Planning; when best to take exams and how to manage your time effectively
- Dyslexia screening, support for those with dyslexia and dyspraxia, and other support available via the Professional Support Unit (PSU)
Related Courses: Once delegates have attended this masterclass they are advised to attend other Leadership, Management and Personal Development courses, in order to continue to develop further in these areas.
Individual schools also run courses to aid preparation for specialty specific exams.