This course has been developed by Wessex trainees for Wessex trainees.
Teaching and supervision are important skills of any doctor's career. These are particularly difficult to learn within the ever more time-pressured and demanding modern clinical environment. This course is suited to trainees who have had previous teaching experience. Participation will build enthusiasm and confidence to fulfill this educational role in the most effective and efficient way.
Target Audience and Pre-requisite Requirement(s): Please refer to the tabs below.
Programme: The programme involves:
- Understanding the basic principles of adult learning theory
- Relating adult learning theory to clinical teaching sessions in a variety of settings
- Learning how to identify educational opportunities in day-to-day practice
- Practicing teaching skills in a supportive group
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Exploring teaching dilemmas
Please click the PROGRAMME button for more information.
Fee(s): Please click BOOK NOW for fee information.
Related Courses: Once delegates have attended this course they are advised to attend the Tomorrow's Teachers II course.