This course has been developed by trainees for trainees.
Teaching and supervision are important skills of any doctor's career. These are particularly difficult to learn within the ever more time-pressured and demanding modern clinical environment. This course is suited to trainees who have had previous teaching experience. Participation will build enthusiasm and confidence to fulfill this educational role in the most effective and efficient way.
Event Dates, Aims and Target Audience: Please see the information displayed under the respective tabs below
Length of Course: 1 day
The program involves:
- Understanding the basic principles of adult learning theory
- Relating adult learning theory to clinical teaching sessions in a variety of settings
- Learning how to identify educational opportunities in day-to-day practice
- Practicing teaching skills in a supportive group
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Exploring teaching dilemmas
Note: spaces on this course fill extremely quickly. If there are no event dates shown below or any of the currently published event dates are not suitable please "register interest" in the course and you will be notified via email when the next event dates are published and available for booking.