School of Pharmacy (number 26 on map), University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD (Sat Nav NG7 2QL)
Tea & coffee will be available.
The course is open to Dentists, Pharmacists, GPs
To provide pharmacy teams and GP practices with the knowledge and confidence to engage with their service users and patients about oral health issues, provide signposting where appropriate, work collaboratively with dental practices and discuss ways to improve patients’ oral health.
Learning outcomes & objectives:
By the end of this session, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the key oral health promotion messages.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of poor oral health.
- Describe the benefits of good oral health to all patients using a person centred approach.
- Utilise knowledge of how to improve oral health to assist your service users and patients.
- Demonstrate effective signposting to other healthcare professionals to improve oral health.
- Improve confidence in dealing with oral health queries and working with dental colleagues, including how to communicate messages appropriately.
GDC learning outcomes: B and D